Friday 4 November 2011

Blood Song (ARC) – Rhiannon Hart


I wanted to turn but I was held captive by the song on the wind.

I’m coming, I told the voices. Please wait for me.



When her sister becomes betrothed to a prince in a northern nation, Zeraphina’s only consolations are that her loyal animal companions are by her side – and that her burning hunger to travel north is finally being sated.


Already her black hair and pale eyes mark her out as different, but now Zeraphina must be even more careful to keep her secret safe. Craving blood is not considered normal behaviour for anyone, let alone a princess. So when the king’s advisor, Rodden, seems to know more about her condition than she does, Zeraphina is determined to find out more.



Zeraphina must be willing to sacrifice everything is she’s to uncover the truth – but what if the truth is beyond her worst nightmares?



WOW! Rhiannon Hart has written an awesome debut book.

Blood Song is The First Book of Lharmell.

Zeraphina isn’t your typical princess, she is into hunting and archery. She has two pets, Leap, a cat and Griffin who is a golden eagle.



 Right from the very first page I was drawn in and  I had trouble putting it down, it was so good. I loved everything about this book epically the way it is written. With Zeraphina telling the story in first person, Blood Song is a standout book to me, because I loved the way that it made me feel like I was experiencing everything that Zeraphina experienced.

 My  favourite part throughout this book would have to be when Zeraphina gets angry at Rodden at the masquerade ball and she storms out and makes rash decisions and ends up getting on a giant bird called a brant and she winds up in Lharmell, the place no one talks about. The place that isn’t mentioned in history books in any detail.



My initial feelings after reading this book was that of being let go. I really felt that the book had a hold on me, one that wanted me to keep on reading to find out more about Zeraphina. I was taken places in this book that made me want to dive in deeper. I wanted to know the secrets that was being kept from Zeraphina, I wanted to understand why she was different and stood out from everyone else.  The story really made me feel I really want to know what happens next to Zeraphina, will her relationship with Rodden deepen?, will they find a way to stop the cravings, the hunger? These two questions came to me once I finished reading.



Since Blood Song was such a tantalizing read I rate this 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment