Wednesday 28 September 2011

REVIEW Burn Bright – Marianne de Pierres

Retra doesn’t want to go to Ixion, the island of ever-night. Retra is a Seal – sealed minds, sealed community. She doesn’t crave parties and pleasure like  all the others. But her brother left for Ixion two years ago, and Retra is determined to find him.
Braving the pain of her obedience strip to escape the only home she’s ever known, Retra finds herself drawn deeper into the intoxicating world of Ixion. Come to me, whispers a voice in her head, who are the Rippers, the mysterious guardians of Ixion? What are the night creatures Retra can see in the shadows? And what happens to those who grow too old for Ixion?
Retra will find that Ixion has its pleasures – but its secrets are deadly.

Burn Bright was an amazing read. Right from the very first page I was drawn into the story. My curiosity got the better of me with this as there was so much going on that I wanted to know more.
The who story was one big adventure for Retra. Being a Seal in Ixion, she had to learn quickly about the new way of life, the life of pleasure. She had to learn that being modest in Ixion wasn’t acceptable as they were ment to be living a life of pleasure.

The night creatures were in the background, but you knew they were there, but you had no idea what they actually are till late in the book. I found them interesting creatures as I wondered why they were in Ixion and why they preferred the dark than the light.

Retra would have to be my favourite character because she was different from the others in Ixion and she was there for a different reason. Being different she stood out from the rest which made most question her reason for going to Ixion.

I really love this book. I enjoyed the whole story and I my favourite part was all the twists and turns the story took. The best part would have to be when things get really exciting near the end after Retra takes on an Ixion  name and becomes Naif. The way she changes from being a Seal to being almost the same as everyone else at Ixion was surprising as I thought it would be hard for Retra to break all her Seal training of silence.
After reading this I felt the book wasn’t over and that another exciting adventure is to come.

Angel Arias is the next instalment of the Night Creatures and I am really looking forward to seeing how the story develops. I really want to know how things will be different now that Naif  is on a different path to save those in Ixion.

I rate this 5/5 for the wonderful story and for the way it really got my curiosity  going.

LINKS:


No comments:

Post a Comment