Wednesday 13 June 2012

The screaming Season - Nancy Holder by Tracey Panton

The Screaming Season - Nancy Holder
Publisher: Razororbill An imprint of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.

Publication Date: March 17 2001

Format: Paperback

Pages: 328

Category: Young Adult



Blurb:



IF A GIRL SCREAMS INB THE WOODS AND NO ONE IS AROUND TO HEAR HER, DOES SHE MAKE A SOUND?

                                           

Possessions: me

-          My sanity? they think I’ve lost it.

-          The ghost of Celia Reaves (with me always)



Possessions: them

-          Do they know ghosts are living inside them?

-          Do they shed them as carelessly as their other possessions?

-          Hatred that’s immortal.

Review:



I had great pleasure reading this book. Possessions and The Evil Within really got me reading and I flew through these books.


Holder’s writing really is magnificent. She really has a way with writing powerful stories. The entire series was filled with ghosts and so many nights filled with terror.



Lindsay’s time at Marlwood ended well. She endured so much during her short time at the very expensive boarding school. It really had me on edge the whole time .



I really felt for Lindsay, right from the very first time we are introduced. The loss of her mother and her breakdown before Marlwood must have been tough for her but somehow she managed to cope with that plus all the extra things that she experiences during her time at the boarding school.

Lindsay had so many people turn on her for unexplained reasons, and yet she survived and showed that she is a strong person.

Life really can be so confusing and even in death life seems to get the dead down especially for those that haven’t yet moved past their hurts from living on this earth.



I rate this book and the entire series 5/5 I will defiantly be reading more of Nancy Holder’s works.



Where to buy:
Book Depository

No comments:

Post a Comment